CVR Social Distance Virtual Run Series
The COVID-19 crisis has made it impossible to safely run mass events. However, getting outside, exercising, and feeling part of a community are all more important than ever for our shared mental and physical wellbeing. So, to give you the chance to do all these things, we have created The CVR Social Distance Virtual Run Series for you to take part in. Best of all, we are waiving the registration fees to encourage participation by all.
The CVR Social Distance Virtual Run Series will take place each Saturday beginning on April 18th. These are open to members and non-members and will continue for eight consecutive weekends. You can choose from a 5K, Doggie 5K, 10K, Half-Marathon, or a full Marathon.
Here is all you need to take part:
- Sign up by following this Strava link, which can also be found on our CVR Strava Group page as well as posted to our Facebook Group . We encourage you to join our group on Strava.
- Review The Virtual Event Handbook found on the sign up page.
- Complete the distance on Saturday or Sunday and record it using a running app on your smartphone (like Strava) or a GPS watch.
- Go back to the event page and submit your results, including a public link to your uploaded activity. Results must be entered on Saturday or Sunday.
- If you do not have a running app on your smartphone or choose to run on a treadmill, your results can be manually entered.
…then check out your name in the finisher board!
We hope this gives you something to enjoy and share with others during this turbulent and uncertain time.
As with so many running clubs, this crisis has put financial pressure on CVR. When staging an event, almost all of our costs are unrecoverable by the time the big day comes around. Costs such as venue hire, permits, equipment, t-shirts, medals, food, storage, race bibs, and event staff have all been paid for weeks or months in advance. If you are a current member, consider renewing your membership, and, if you are not a member, consider becoming one.
We wish all of you all the best through this crisis. We are so grateful for your support, and we hope to see lots of you taking part in the CVR Social Distance Virtual Run Series!
Stay healthy and safe.