46th Annual Paul Mailman
Montpelier 10 Miler and 5K
Saturday, April 24, 2021 8:45am
RACE INSTRUCTIONS AND COVID-19 GUIDELINES
- Complete this personal health check before arriving on race day:
- Have you been in close contact with a person that has COVID-19?
- Do you have any COVID-19 symptoms, such as fever, cough, shortness of breath, chills, fatigue, muscle aches, headache, sore throat, loss of taste or smell, nausea or vomiting, diarrhea?
- Have you complied with travel related quarantine requirements, if applicable?
- Face coverings are required at all times except when running. This includes during number pickup, during starting line wave grouping, and immediately after finishing the race.
- Gathering before and after the races will be limited and discouraged.
- Race day number pickup will be from 7:00 – 8:30am.
- There will be a wave start for both races. There will be a limited number of runners in each wave.
- Follow the instructions of the starting line race officials.
- Runners will be loosely grouped to be ready for each wave to be called to the line.
- Runners must start at the assigned time for each wave.
- The 5K will start 5 minutes after the last wave of 10 mile racers.
- There will be no awards ceremony after the races. Runners should leave the area as soon as possible after finishing.
- Onion River Outdoors gift card awards will be emailed to award winners.
- 10 Mile awards: overall male and female winners plus first place in each age group.
- 5K awards: overall male and female only.
- Results will be posted later in the day at cvrunners.org and at RunSignUp.
- There will be water stops on the course. There will be no water or food provided before or after the races.
- Portalets will be available
Location: In the parking lot behind the Vermont state Dept. of Labor, 5 Green Mtn. Drive, Montpelier. Map
Registration: Pre-registration required! Register online by midnight, April 20, 2021.
Field size may be limited pending guidelines.
Due to COVID-19 required planning, there will be NO RACE DAY REGISTRATION!
We will send entrants an email 2 or 3 days before the race with bib number, wave number, and starting time.
Number pickup: Early bib number pickup at Onion River Outdoors, 20 Langdon St., Montpelier on Thursday and Friday, 4/22/21 and 4/23/21, from 4:00-5:30pm
Race day number pickup in the Dept. of Labor parking lot 7:00 – 8:30am
Start time: 8:45am
Fee: $15 for either race.
Portalets will be available.
Awards: 10 Miler: First overall male and female and age group winners. 5K: Overall male and female only. There will be no awards ceremony.
Results: Results will be posted online at www.cvrunners.org and on RunSignUp.