CVR Birthdays this week:
Happy Birthday to: Shannon Salembier, Dana McCarthy
Hi CVR Members,
Fall running continues to be very nice. I’ve seen so many nice pictures of foliage that runners are posting. Other than some members running Boston and a couple of ultra runners doing their thing, there is not a lot to report on today. Worst of all I have no pictures! Tonight however there is the ORO event you can attend, read below. Let’s get into the news anyways.
Trail Run Series Extended
Last weekend the trail run was hosted by Scott Widmer and they ran Irish Hills from Berlin. I wasn’t able to attend and didn’t get a picture from anyone! I haven’t heard from anyone who wants to host the next one so perhaps we are at the end?
I also was not able to attend the Fun Run this week and don’t have a picture either. Since it is getting dark earlier every week, next week will be our last. Therefore it will be Julio’s night again! Come join us for the end of season dinner.
CVR Club Embroidery Campaign
Sal Acosta has been working on an idea to offer CVR members an opportunity to have any item of their choice embroidered with a CVR Log. He has created a campaign for this and is ready to launch. I will do that in a separate email blast, soon and maybe this week. In the meantime, here is a glimpse of what you can do with it. Perhaps we will want to gauge your interest so please reply to me or reach out to Sal Acosta by clicking his name.
2021 CVR Dashboard Fun Facts
The dashboard has been updated through Leaf Peepers. Since I don’t have a lot to talk about today I’ll review some of what you can see in the dashboard.
– So far this year 934 runners have participated in our race events or events we sponsored. Fantastic!
– Tim Hogeboom has run the most CVR races this year with 8! Elizabeth MacCarthy is close behind with 7.
– Leaf Peepers Half Marathon was the most participated with 190 and the 5K was 2nd with 132.
– Men have out participated the women 477 to 457.
– The Female Age Group 30-39 and 40-49 conquered the most in an age group with both coming in at exactly 112. Men’s Age Group 50-59 wrapped up the top three with 99.
– Northfield Savings Bank had the most CVR runners with 28. Capital City Stampede was tied for 2nd with Sodom Pond with 26.
– CVR members have accounted for 23% of the participants in our races and 96 members out of 298 or 32% of our members have run in at least 1 event this year. Great job!.
– Yours truly has the most races volunteered at through Sodom Pond but that doesn’t count. Donna Smyers has 6.
– 76 of our members have volunteered at least once, representing 25%.
View the dashboard yourself at CVR 2021 Race Season Dashboard.
We have only 3 races left in November to get your volunteering duty in. Go to our website and you’ll see the sign up link. As always, thanks for volunteering.
RACE DIRECTORS NEEDED – Continued Request
We need more race directors. If you have a desire to be a race director some day, here are the opportunities. You will get plenty of support from experienced directors so please come forward?
New Year’s Eve – I am looking for a co-director to train for the future.
Mutt Strutt – We have some interest but have not nailed down a new director yet. This is really a long standing CVR event and there will be a lot of support to get you through it.
Barre Town Spring Run – We are looking for a director here as well and there will be plenty of support to transition the event to you.
Please signup by reaching out to me!
Next Up Races
Our next CVR Race won’t be until the Fallen Leaves Series in November but there are many race events happening in October including ORO’s Autumn Onion listed below.
I don’t have a list of those who participated in Boston this year. Mark Howard did run in the Midstate Massive over the weekend and April Farnham placed 3rd overall in the Devil’s Den 12 hours run and I learned that Jim Lahneman ran in the 50 miler at Big Brad Ultras in Maine.
This weekend there will be many CVR runners competing in the Green Mountain Marathon in South Hero. Good luck to everyone!
Onion River Outdoors
Wednesday, October 13th (Tonight) – 5:30pm – Altra Shoes and Ultra Brews
Join Onion River Outdoors and Altra on a fun run, October 13th 2021. Demo Altra shoes and find out why they are growing in popularity and then head on over for a drink at Three Penny Taproom on us!
We’ll be demoing the shoes on a 5K loop of your choice – either a hilly trail run up to Hubbard Park or a flatter run on road and trails along the North Branch River, both led by ORO staff. Meet at our shop on Langdon St, Montpelier at 5:30pm. This demo is FREE! But please sign up here in advance so we know what demo shoes to have ready.
Sunday, October 24th – DWCX (Dam Wrightsville Cyclocross) 5K, 9am
We’re holding a 5K race prior to the cyclocross race, but on the same course as our annual cyclocross! It’s a combo trail run/cross country/steeplechase-esque race and will be both fun and challenging! More information and registration can be found here: https://www.bikereg.com/dam-wrightsville-cx
Sunday, October 31st:
– Autumn Onion 5K, our annual costume race, at 9am: registration is open on runreg. Are you ready for the best Halloween Costume Race in VT! Join the fun and race through downtown Montpelier in your best Halloween costume. Categories for adults, and kids. Prizes for Funniest Costume, Most Creative Costume, Most Vermont-y Costume, Best Kid’s Costume and Most Committed to Running in an Uncomfortable Costume.
– Fall Festival Trick or Trot, 1 miler, 1:30pm start time. Register here!
Support MRPS PIE and Montpelier Alive during the fall festival and come Trick or Trot with Onion River Outdoors during the Fall Festival! The festival runs from 1-4pm, with the Trick or Trot starting at 1:30pm. All ages and abilities are welcome, bonus points for costumes and no dogs please!
This is for you, share your news!!
CVR sponsored by:
Fallen Leaves 11/6, 11/13, 11/20
Fun Runs – Every Tuesday night at 5:30 PM starting on the Montpelier bike path.
Runderacheivers in Northfield
Runderachievers is a social run group that meets in front of Good Measure Brewing Co every Wednesday at 5:30. (17 East St, Northfield, VT 05663)
All ages, and abilities are welcome. After a short run(or walk) we enjoy special pricing of their draft craft beers.
Anyone wishing to enter the brewery must show proof of vaccination.
Feel free to email me any additional events that should be listed here.